Monday, December 8, 2008

Santa vs the Snowman


I can’t even remember the last time I had such a long stretch of waking up by 8 in the morning. Pure torture I tell you. It gets increasingly difficult to drag myself out of bed while I try to squeeze every second out of the little sleep time I have. As if having not enough sleep is not bad enough, I have been suffering from these sleep cycles which keeps me consciously unconscious. It is a weird feeling when you know you are sleeping yet very much awake - weird and very, very tiring. Maybe I need a break.

Yesterday, Sunday morning, I found myself attending a RBC IMAX event featuring two shows “The Nutcracker” and “Santa versus the Snowman”. Being no big fan of Holiday flicks, I wasn’t looking forward to this event especially after sitting through the “The Nutcracker”. I swear…. A little longer and my head will crack. Anyways, "Santa vs the Snowman" turned out to be quite funny and entertaining at least. With clever humor and an epic battle scene, I would have to give this short flick two thumbs up.
A TV special first aired in 1997, "Santa and the Snowman" makes the 3D IMAX scene and brings with it loads of fun and laughter. As the lights of the Santa's workshop lured the lonely Snowman in, he is soon consumed with jealousy of the love and goodies that Santa has. The Snowman sets out to take over Santa's job and triggered the story of "The Christmas That Almost Wasn't". I am not sure if the kids can get all the cynicisms involved but what the heck, they all enjoyed it.
By the time we left, the theatre was filled with children’s laughter and you can just feel love in the air. Maybe Christmas won’t be that bad (except for the picking out gifts part).

No comments: