Thursday, December 17, 2009

A chapter in life


I awoke in cold bliss of a winter morning, looked outside at the rare sun and started counting down the days to this Christmas. This is the time of year, when the Christmas and New Year holidays reaffirm our reasons for living: amity of kith and kin, the personal gratification of gifts given and familial celebration, when thoughtful people cast about for images to sustain them through otherwise brutal cold.

Today, it’s a rare heartrending hue of sun as over a month of rain clouds have hung tough all month. The oblique rays of the late season sun lent a spectacular predominantly purple sheen to the shifting clouds. For many, we softly slumber, awaiting the clarion call of an awakening earth, the vernal exclamation of rebirth after an extended air of hibernal expiry. That would be many months later.

Until such time, we must wait with our imperfect reminiscence of a brighter, warmer world and keep those recollections alive until they may stir again within our derisory, temporal frames. Poetry seems to be in deep slumber, as well as my much valued self-reflection. There are many changes I seek, things to do and ponder upon, while fatigue threatens to side with the arduous season and keep me in bed under covers.

As the decade comes to an end and after a tedious flood of meetings and events which varies from important to downright waste-of-time, I have finally ended a dramatic chapter in my life. Meanwhile it is the beginning of the next chapter that has me busy and excited. For those who have yet to be informed (you must be feeling left out because I have been announcing it everywhere except on Facebook), this prime piece of bachelor meat is about to be off the shelf. If the picture has not clued you in...... Yes, I am getting married!!

After about 2 and some months of planning and discussions, little has really been settled except maybe the date of the engagement (April 10, 2010) and the wedding (June 29, 2010). I will try and relieve some of the wedding pressures and jitters by ranting online sometimes, but forgive me if sometimes I am too busy or tired to keep everyone up to date.

1 comment:

gp said...

hey tirta, theodore here... i just bumped into your blog... wow congrats!!! who is the lucky lady?