Thursday, April 22, 2010

Brian and Lilian's Engagaement






Not even 24 hours since arriving in Taiwan, I was on the bus from Taipei to Taizhong for Brian's engagement. It was a 2 hour drive setting off at 8 in the morning yet it didn't seem at all too early for the 20 some of us. I was even a little more than excited since I took it as a rehearsal of what is to come of my own engagement in a week's time.

The morning ceremony was rather messy since there was no main coordinator directing and the many traditions were simply confusing. The little chicken boy was in tears without his dad around and I had my hands full trying to pacify him. But at last, all went well and it was a day not to be dampened.

The lunch engagement banquet was held at 新天地 which is designed for wedding banquets. It can host up to 8 weddings at a time if I counted right. The setting was nice but I did find that the place was a little cramped especially when the Bride was struggling to walk through in her fluffy dress. We, the groom's side, promptly left the tables quietly without goodbyes when the fish was served. It is one of the traditions I found funny and interesting.

Overall, it was still lots of fun and a joyous event for all. Here are some pictures taken with Claire's camera. Enjoy.

No comments: