Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My other half list


What do I look for in a mate? Too many people have been bugging me for this so I decided to consolidate what I think I want into a list. The list is broken into two parts. The first will be my top 10 qualities list. The second would be the good-to-have bonus points list. Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOP 10 LIST
  1. A smile sweet to the bone, makes the heart melt. (Of course, she must also like to smile)
  2. A natural grace which comes from maturity and confidence.
  3. A witty humor to make the joking bearable and keep the bantering interesting.
  4. A quiet selfless nature means she care for you unconditionally and from her heart. She craves not for attention but hope to bring happiness to people around.
  5. Has an abundance of love and responsibility, especially for kids and family.
  6. Open to criticisms. Constantly self-reflecting and improving. Must be reasonable to a degree.
  7. Sensitive but not overly so. Sometimes any amount of care is enough.
  8. Socially adept, friendly and has an active social circle with some class.
  9. Must be a music lover. Being some kind of musician helps.
  10. Never gambles or smokes or do drugs. Being rebellious is one thing, these are dangerous habits that are hard to shake.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BONUS QUALITIES LIST

  1. At least know how to cook 3 dishes I like
  2. Has a beautiful voice
  3. Plays go and is stronger than 10 kyu
  4. Has dancing background, preferably ballet
  5. Great fashion sense
  6. Natural beauty (Does not require makeup)
  7. Thrifty or financially sensible
  8. Has a love for writing and reading
  9. Organized and strongly capable of multitasking
  10. Maintain high level of cleanliness and neatness
  11. Athletic, love various sports or running
  12. Makes lingerie’s look good or look good in lingerie’s (It’s all about packaging)
  13. Has a close and loving family
  14. Possesses substantial wealth (You can’t complain about more money)
  15. Wide hipbones to ease the delivery of babies. (Tight hipbones squeeze babies fragile head as they are delivered)
  16. Constantly shower me with pleasant surprises
  17. Is not high maintenance (Attention-wise, financially I think I can still manage)
  18. Believes in trust in relationships completely and my loyalty (None of that insecure BS, building things up in your head and whining about every encounter I have with the opposite sex)
  19. High stress tolerance/thresholds. Must be positive thinking (always look at the bright side) yet realistic (Not delusionally positive).
  20. Accustomed to Chinese culture.
  21. Has the traditional values especially pertaining to morals and family
  22. Open to new and better ideas/suggestions
  23. Willing to give up her career for her family
  24. Intoxicating, unforgettable scent (You are what you eat. I think vegeterians smell best.)
  25. Calm and logical, handle self with poise (You can be spontaneous, just not erratic and insane)

6 comments:

Mewer said...

OMG...

"17. Is not high maintenance (Attention-wise, financially I think I can still manage)"

真臭屁!!!你還沒有見識過真正high-maintenance financially的女人有多可怕...你以為你真的可以應付嗎?

and btw, you like cucumbers...all girls have to do is cut that up...>_<~~太容易了...

Poeticcrap said...

Hmmmm, ok, but maybe I haven't met the super high financial maintenance women.

Dude, cucumbers is only 1 dish, even if I never get tired of it. But that is not cooking. That is cutting. I mean 3 cooked dishes!!!

Anonymous said...

I suggest you to also write about your own top 10 and 25 bonus qualities. For a guy who requires so much for his future mate, what is he offering?

Poeticcrap said...

Duly noted. So many good qualities, hard to limit to a top 10. Let me think about it first.

It is not possible to write my own bonus qualities simply because bad qualities may also appealing to others.

Anonymous said...

RE: the bonus list...

Tai guo fen le!!!!

No wonder you're still single!!!! hehehe :)

May you have success finding such a women. Yeah, what do you have to offer to such a divine goddess?

Poeticcrap said...

Anonymous, who are you?

Lol