Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wedding Banquet






























The banquet is held at Fairmont Pacific Rim which just opened in January. Many thanks to my dad who insisted on the place as it is beautiful (and of course very costly).

Once again, most of the ideas came from my sis, Silvia, and my wife, Sharon, who both came off as obssessive perfectionists when it came to wedding planning. Of course, they worked around the clock to give the wedding an identity and I confess, I am one of the most idle groom thanks to them (But apparently, guys are like that.....).

Manuel was gracious and kind enough to agree to be our MC even though the crowd required him to speak mandarin at parts. I contemplated whether to find him a nice, tall Chinese female host but decided against it as that may cramp up his loose and easy style. I personally thought that the small confusion at the introductions of special guests was cleverly covered up with wit (对不起,我是外国人。) . I take full responsibility for the screwup, after all, it is not an easy task for the MC when the rundown keeps changing every few minutes.

We had two music groups performing. First, the Eslite String Trip led by Ruth Huang performed for the reception. Then we have Luis and his gang from Music Vancouver to entertain during dinner. They were both amazing so I have heard from guests' reviews (I didn't have time to sit down and enjoy.)

There were many positive reviews, basically on how much things there were to do. In the reception area, which is opened all night, there are the photo booth, the candy table, the albums and the bar. If you stayed inside, then you could enjoy nice MVs, slides, music and food. In other words, we want you to have fun everywhere you go.

We have to thank Jennifer and Silvia, our coordinators for the event. Things would surely be a mess without them.

Last but not least, I want to thank Kent for taking such wonderful pictures and if I may just lament for a bit, we forgot to take enough family pictures at night!!

No comments: