Friday, February 13, 2009

Will you be?

You are ....

Rava avis. One of a kind.
You are my only reason carrying heaven’s sign.
You sparkle so like a star in the night,
Always shining bright.

If I am a map, you are my compass guiding me home
to a place safe and protected like my mommy’s womb.
Drawn to a flame, this a love-sick moth
Realizes that you are my true North.

I am devil incarnated with sly and unrivaled wit.
You are the goddess dancing with a whip.
With tears, I had to hide the scars with a tan.
And confess you make me want to be a better man.

The irony lives in you and me,
A certain reflection I hate to see.
That smile breaks my defence and spreads around.
In your sea of love, I willingly drown.

A million and one questions I had to ask,
"Will you be my empiternal wanderlust?".

1 comment:

Poeticcrap said...

Dedicated to a special someone not here with me.

Call it a valentine wish.