Friday, August 22, 2008

Casual Dinner

It was a regular dinner with chitchats of useless details with a bunch of casual acquaintances that I have otherwise never even spoken 2 words to. The evening was bright, at least it was when we started, and by the time I finished entertaining myself so as to avoid falling alseep amidst the boredom of the less challenging dinner talk and uninspiring food, the night had a dark mix of cardinal red.


I have always found the beauty of the setting sun to be romantic. It made me feel like I was in love. It reminded me of someone that is quite far yet always so near. It's hard not to stare outside when the sky was infinitely more appealing than the dinner, and I struggled to find any reason to stay. Sad to say, I did.

In recent days, I feel more confined to a space and time that defined as work. Perhaps any casual dinner would provide the getaway I need, at least to take my mind off. Yes, I was tired, drained and most of all, I was still hungry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

True that sunset is pretty...
However, ever tried sunrise~?

Poeticcrap said...

They are quite different.... I like sunsets more because I like to reflect on the day while enjoying the view. The sunrise brings hope but I imagine I would want to start my day instead of watching the sun and the day pass me by.