Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ephiphany


I was struck by an epiphany. Yes, it is the sort of revelation that feels like a warm hand on my cheek keeping me tethered to the surface of a world I have just began to understand. It brings to me many trivial things – such as last night’s drizzle which was supposed to be snow – just because at a time, when my thoughts were dry and nothing seemed to matter, she sent me a caring greeting. Sometimes, a little is enough.

My epiphany tells me a story. It speaks of a land of year long Christmas and people in constant bliss. They celebrate each day with earnests no matter what it might bring. They have a perfect, romantic or even fantasy view on love, the kind few ever find. They work, but never feel worn down, with purpose on their mind. Contented and happy. Sometimes, it is that simple.

She did not come with a bang or a sudden click of mind. I think she has always been around; I just never looked to see her there.

I was struck by an ephipany - The days are getting colder but there is warmth if you just know where to look.

No comments: