Monday, December 15, 2008

Relishing that mushy feeling....


My friend who is flying in from Singapore is really lucky. He had let on of his intention to visit Whistler for some snowboarding except that there was very little snow. Then two days before his arrival, it happened - consecutive days of snowing.

Yes, it is freeeeeezzzzing outside. Being a Cancer, normally this is the perfect time for me to hide in my shell and hibernate, but my friend, Danny, was hosting one of his delicious potlucks and many of my friends are showing up. So I ended up plowing through the snow with my mom’s chicken pies on hand. But it was alright because the party was really a blast and gave me quite a few insights.

For one, a few of my so-called friends at the party have criticized my blog quite vigorously. While I enjoy constructive criticism, I must say I feel offended when stigmatized as mushy. I admit that my romantic pieces are as they call it, but hey, do I have to explain that they are meant to be soaked in romance which in essence is sugar-coated dipped in extra sweet sauce. Don’t eat the dessert if you don’t have the tooth for it. There is a reason why I categorized my posts so you have the option of picking your preference.

Then again, it is not that they find anything mushy. But they are uncomfortable displaying their affections as it leaves them vulnerable.

The night finally ended. Did I mention it was freezing like hell? Ok, bad metaphor. Anyways, we did decide to have the next party at my house on New Year’s Eve.

Did I mention that it is a swimwear party?

1 comment:

Mewer said...

um...ew...

and...no, I happen to be very open with expressing my emotions...but your mush is over-mush, at least for people with normal mush range...and yes, I do tend to skip over your mushy blogs, so I have the need to complain anymore...@_@ well, it's understandable that you would be frustrated that you are alone in your over-mushiness though...hope you find your own receptor of over-mush and stop having the need to mush in public