Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Austrian Cellar Trial: Confined, Raped daughter for 24 years


Josef Fritzl , an Engineer who kept daughter in cellar for 24 years and fathered seven children with her, has pleaded guilty to all charges against him, including rape and homicide.

For a clearer timeline, check out BBC News.

This is an absolute outrage!!! My veins are boiling and my eyes are scorned. Vindicated and hurt, I stand here and watch it fade.

Imagine you are 19 years old, locked up for 24 years, raped over 3,000 times by your father and forced to give birth with no anaesthetic. I cannot even begin to describe what I felt when I first came across this shameful tragedy.

Is there even a punishment harsh enough to inflict the kind of pain he has caused his daughter? He deserves the old ManQing top ten tortures, but even those are merely physical pains.

Isn't it time to reflect on what has created this monster? Isn't time to pay attention to the kind of messages we are sending to our children, our future whether in the form of games, movies or just open flow internet content?

After the rage and disgust subsided, I mellowed in sadness. We are all victims here.

No comments: