Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Big Bang Theory: Sheldon

THE BIG BANG THEORY: Sheldon's quotes















Leslie: Hello Sheldon.

Sheldon: Leslie Winkle.

Leslie: Yeah Leslie Winkle. The answer to the question, who made Sheldon Cooper cry like a little girl?

Sheldon: Yes well I am polymerised tree saps and you are an inorganic adhesive so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off of me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

Leslie: Oh, ouch.






Sheldon: Your robot is inferior and it will be defeated by ours because ours exceeds yours in both design and execution. Also, I'm given to understand that your mother is overweight.

Raj: Oh, snap.

Sheldon: Now of course if that is a result of a glandular condition and not sloth and gluttony, I withdraw that comment.

Raj: What difference does it make, fat is fat!

Sheldon: There are boundaries!






Sheldon: Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.






Sheldon: Are you upset about something?

Leonard: What was your first clue?

Sheldon: Well there was a number of things. First the late hour, then you demeanors seems very low energy plus your irritability...

Leonard: Yes I'm upset!

Sheldon: Oh... I don't usually pick up on those things. Good for me.

Leonard: Yeah good for you.

Sheldon: (walks away and then turns back) Oh, wait. Did you want to talk about what's bothering you?

Leonard: I don't know... maybe.

Sheldon: Wow! I'm on fire tonight.






Penny: I always say that when one door closes, another one opens.

Sheldon: No it doesn't. Not unless the two doors are connected by relays or there are motion sensors involved. Or if the first door closing creates a change of air pressure that acts upon the second door.

Penny: (gives Sheldon a long look) Never mind.






Sheldon: What part of an inverse tangent approaching an asymptote don't you understand?






Sheldon: A fear of heights is illogical. A fear of falling, on the other hand, is prudent and evolutionary.






Sheldon: You bought me a present? Why would you do such a thing? I know you think you're being generous, but the foundation of gift giving is reciprocity. You haven't given me a gift, you've given me an obligation. The essence of the custom is that I now have to go out and purchase for you a gift of commensurate value and representing the same perceived level of friendship as that represented by the gift you've given me. Ah, its no wonder suicide rates skyrocket this time of year. Oh, I brought this on myself by being such an endearing and important part of your life...






Penny: I’m a Sagittarius, which probably tells you way more than you need to know.

Sheldon: Yes, it tells us that you participate in the mass cultural delusion that the sun’s apparent position relative to arbitrarily defined constellations at the time of your birth somehow affects your personality.

Penny: (puzzled) Participate in the what?






Sheldon: Given the reaction to my costume, this party is a scathing indictment of the American educational system.

Kurt: You're a zebra, right?

Sheldon: (aside, to Leonard) Yet another child left behind ...






Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?

Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?






Leonard: Sheldon, why is this letter in the trash?

Sheldon: Well, there's always the possibility that a trash can spontaneously formed around the letter, but Occam's Razor would suggest that someone threw it out.






Leonard: I guess we'll just take [a TV cabinet] up [the stairs] ourselves.

Sheldon: We don't have a dolly, or lifting belts, or any measurable upper-body strength.

Leonard: We don't need strength. We're physicists. We are the intellectual descendants of Archimedes. Give me a fulcrum and a lever, and I can move the Earth. (Trying to move the box) It's just a matter of... I don't have this. I don't have this. I don't have it!

Sheldon: Archimedes would be so proud.






Sheldon: (to Leonard, who has decided to give up on Penny) Well, at least now you can retrieve the black box from the twisted, smoldering wreckage that was once your fantasy of dating her and analyze the data so you don't crash into Geek Mountain again.






Sheldon: I can't believe he fired me.

Leonard: Well, you did call him a "glorified high school science teacher whose last successful experiment was lighting his own farts."

Sheldon: In my defense, I prefaced that with, "with all due respect."






Sheldon: (Knocking on Penny's door early in the morning). Penny, Penny, Penny!(Penny opens the door).

Sheldon: Good morning.

Penny: Do you have any idea what time it is?

Sheldon: Of course I do, my watch is linked to the atomic clock in Boulder, Colorado. It's accurate to one-tenth of a second, but as I'm saying this it occurs to me once again your question may have been rhetorical.






Sheldon: I need your help in a matter of semiotics.

Penny: What?

Sheldon: Semiotics, the study of signs and symbols as a branch of the philosophy related to linguistics.

Penny: Okay, honey, I know you think you are explaining yourself, but you're really not.

1 comment:

Mewer said...

Nice...Sheldon has the best lines~~~