Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Motivated?


With the outbreak of swine flu, speculation on Canadian quantitative easing and anticipation of results of the massive self-deluding stress tests, it has been a busy week.

Lately, I have been swarmed with work as interest rates adjustments and new guidelines have opened new lines of negotiations which have proven to be lengthy and tedious. I am not even sure how it suddenly turned to May, where has the time gone?

Surprisingly I am not feeling as tired as I used to. Perhaps I do get a sense of fulfillment from getting things done. Who knows? I may be motivated afterall.

Meanwhile the Canadian real estate is showing signs of activity which the only reason I can attribute to is the low interest rates. Of course seeing how the rents have not fallen as much as the prices to purchase homes, real estate acquisition has become more attractive even in turbulent times.

Will it last? I doubt it but since interest rates are not going anywhere till next year, I would assume the activities and prices to more or less maintain unless the government decides to go innovative like using quantitative easing or some other crazy idea.

No comments: