Sunday, April 19, 2009

NBA Playoffs 2009

After the weekend of 2009 NBA playoff, I was pleasantly satisfied with the results.

Cleveland and Lakers are still cruising. Spurs(team of dirty plays) was beaten by the rejuvenated Mavs. Honestly, who could have expected the Mavs to click and play on the same page suddenly? Derrick Rose has been phenomenal as he can led Chicago over the defending champs, Boston which probably stands no chance without Garnett. I am less intrigued by shooting teams such as Hornets and Hawks which will have great games and then embarrassing ones. Miami is too young even if Wade sold his soul to the devil. Then it brings us to teams which have been used to disappointments – Houston and Denver. You know he has game as Yao Ming had a perfect night – 24 points, 9/9 FG and 6/6 from the free throw line. How about J.R. Smith? I knew he is good, but damn!! He has matured into a monster. I never really liked Billups but Mr. Big Shot has really molded this unstable team into a contender. Meanwhile…… where are you, Portland? This is the team that has beaten the Lakers twice this year but their performance on Saturday was just ugly.

We should skip to the second round. My dream matchups: East - Cleveland(Lebron) vs. Miami(Wade) and Chicago(Rose) vs. Orlando(Dwight). West – Lakers vs. Portland and Dallas vs. Denver. Hey, now we have four matchups which can go either way. Well, Miami probably doesn’t stand much chance against Cleveland but it would be fun to see the two best players in the game go head to head.

Since the playoff started, I will stop playing NBA 2k9 on my new XBOX 360. I really wore out the game as it was the only game on XBOX I had. Yesterday at Trade And Play, I traded in some old games and got Lost Odyssey and Mass Effect, both long RPGs. I probably will not have time to play the games. Also, it is quite a dilemma whether I should buy a wireless network adapter($100) to set up XBOX live which would make the XBOX 360 portable to say the least.

1 comment:

Mewer said...

What are you busy with that you don't have time to play games?