Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My Top 5 Romance Movies List

Sleepless in Seattle


“Well, it was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were suppose to be together... and I knew it. I knew it the very first time I touched her. It was like coming home... only to no home I'd ever known... I was just taking her hand to help her out of a car and I knew. It was like... magic.”

And sometimes….. that’s all it takes.


The Notebook


True love wins against all odds. This is the first book and the first movie of Nicholas Sparks I have caught. This romance is a life-long reflection of a journey of love – from young crazy love, lost then found, to the patient and committed till-death-do-us-part. It is re-invigorating, tear-jerking and mushy to the bone. Particularly memorable is the moment when Allie’s eyes light up as she came back from the curse of Alzheimer’s to her beloved Noah, even if it is just for one night.

As Walter Raleigh once said, “Love is a durable fire in the mind ever burning; never sick, never old, never dead from itself, never turning.”.

That moment, I had tears in my eyes.


When Harry Met Sally


Relationships are built on friendships. As complex as relationships are, true friendships are frighteningly simple. All you need is a simple, “How are you?” and let known how much you care.

“I love that you get cold when it is 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle in your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.”

Do you believe in chance, fate or destiny? If everything happens for a reason, I do hope that reason is you.


Groundhog Day


One of my favourite shows (probably watched it over 50 times).

So, if you have the time of the world, live long enough, able to correct your own mistakes creating a perfect life, how do you want to live? If you have died in every imaginable way, lived like a God only to wish to live like a mortal, tried everything to see tomorrow in a different light, what do you end up with?

You learn to live to love - love yourself, love others and in return, you will find love.

I have learned to love you today and you showed me tomorrow.


Jerry McGuire


“You complete me.”

“You had me at Hello.”

These lines have been stolen and used so abundantly that it has become a cliché. You have to understand, romance for men and women are never quite the same. As women are expressive of their feelings, men are more recognizing of how she affects the operational aspect of his life. Only when he realizes how he can’t live without her, how she brings out the best in him, does he begin to understand love.

“You make me want to be a better man” ~ As Good As It Gets

No comments: