Wednesday, September 24, 2008

30 years of love and bliss


September 24th. Today marked the 30th wedding anniversary of my dear beloved parents. We sat together and listened to them share the story of their love and how they overcame all the adversities to be where we are now.

This morning, my brother and I exchanged a look and a smile before congratulating them. Deep inside, there is a sense of how extremely lucky I am to be part of this family. We were missing our sister and grams. If only they are here, then this day can be perfect.

It was a family night. There were jazz music, a beautiful singer, romantic ambience and even the rain was dancing in celebration. If the food was bad, it tasted great because of the company. This night belonged to the two most wonderful person on earth. They are the embodiment of the greatest love of all.

My sister does not believe in love coming too quickly. Maybe she needs 30 years to be convinced that love exist. But I knew. From the moment I was born, they have given me unconditional love and made me feel like the most important person in the world. They made me feel special.

Love doesn't need to be spectacular to be remembered. Tonight, we were in the presence of love that is just there because two people made the commitment to each other. It is that simple.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD!!! WE WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU!!!

1 comment:

Mewer said...

*puke*...

by the way...I may not believe in love coming too quickly, but that doesn't mean I dismiss/deny the existence of love altogether!!!