Saturday, September 27, 2008

Jealousy hurts


Jealousy hurts everyone. A little glance in the wrong direction can bring that little sinking feeling. A little action can drive others to feel the same. But jealousy in small amounts hurt just enough to be healthy. They can drive people to work harder, change and improve. Therefore we need to be careful of when jealousy becomes an obsession or a compulsive activity.

I think it is important to catch your own jealousies; not to hide them but analyse them. Why do I feel jealous? Should I feel jealous? Do I put down people I am jealous of? Is that person instantly a piss-head? Lots of little prejudices. Yeah, we all judge people, but it is not right to dismiss a person you haven't met or spoke to.... it is so hard not to be biased.


I see all sorts of people always being trampled over. They unknowingly act as the friendly avenue to a greater goal. Friends out of convenience, lovers out of jealousy. After being walked on and rendered useless, only but an apology comes of it. A meaningless, empty little apology. One day we'll all wake up to see the truth and smell the coffee. But for some people it'll be too late.

No comments: