Monday, September 29, 2008

Please, not another Monday!


Monday is such a pain. It is the unluckiest of all days. Today is no different.

If it was just the morning dentist appointment, I probably will take it in. But the past two days, I have been living in silence, spoken less than 20 words per day as the pain during speech has been unbearable. Perhaps it was the 2 grill and 1 barbecue food feast that I have been indulged myself the past week. The ulcer sitting under my tongue makes it almost impossible to sleep at night or work during the day. Thus, I am laying off work today and staying at home.

Anyways, I am plagued with ulcers about two to three times a year, almost always after eating logan or grill or even too much chocolate. You would think I have gotten used to it by now. But, I did get learn many ways to aid the recovery from ulcers. My treatment involves applying Taro-Clobetasol cream, rinsing with salt water, drinking honey or the Chinese bitter tea "28 tastes". The cream works to relieve pain and reduce the acid level. The salt water kills bacteria. The honey and bitter tea cools your "heated" body down. There are some things to avoid as well, particularly anything acidic such as orange, coke, tea and coffee. Perhaps next time I will try to use a lozenge to prevent the ulcer from exploding.

Normal recovery period is about 3 days so I should be fine tomorrow. I hate ulcers. I hate Mondays. I can't wait for tomorrow to come.

No comments: