Friday, September 12, 2008

The Joy of Sex


In case you haven’t heard, there is a new “The Joy of Sex” book out. Personally, I haven’t checked it out yet so everything here is hear-say.

This book is aimed at the couple rather than just the men. Using new knowledge about hormones, pheromones, body parts and sensuality, this book aims to educate on the new attitude to sex. They apparently replaced the bearded 70s icon with a cleaner looking man who is more representative of the 21st century. They also took out some of the tips because of legal issues such as sex on horseback and sex on moving motorcycles. New additions include phone sex, pregnancy intimacy, sex shops and internet advice to name a few.

I guess I am writing out of my element here seeing my lack of understanding on the materials. On a side note, when I was in China a while back, I saw on the shelf of a video store a series of videos on sex positions. Out of curiosity, I turned to the back to check out the content list, the names were all common four letters idioms and just hilarious. So if you really think about it, anything can be related with sex. I seriously doubt there are 108 positions as the title indicates, the number is just popular with Chinese and attention grabbing (being large and all).

Alright, before the awkward level elevates anymore, I would like to say that true intimacy comes from understanding each other. No lies, no masks, just two people in love. It should be a natural process and you shouldn't need a manual. But since so many people have good reviews for the book, maybe it is time to pick one up just to see what the fuss is all about.

No comments: