Monday, May 25, 2009

Polina Semionova - The art of dance


The weekend flew by yet again leaving me unsatisfied and drained. There was the basketball session which turned into a whooping. Maybe there was some connection to the whooping Cavs got that same night. Anyways, win or lose, it was good to get some exercise and shoot some hoops.

Last night, the “Festival Of The Lake” turned out to be a snoozer. I have nothing but praises for the talented musicians at work yet let’s face it, 5 orchestra concerts in less than 6 months featuring 15-20 minutes recital pieces are great alternatives to a sleeping pill for the insomniac. I am not condemning the lot, but this kind of music does not appeal to me as much as short and emotional jazz, swing or waltz. I refuse to see this as a lack of class on my part but rather a certain preference for my sensitive ear.

The night was not a complete waste (benefits of sleep excluded). These amazing young talents did inspire me to continue to practice hard at piano even if I will never be quite as good. I will continue because I have heard music which caresses and kisses you. Because I have seen beauty that mesmerizes, takes your breath away and leaves you wanting. Sometimes you stand in awe of its beauty, feel love flowing through your veins and your heart wants to dance.

1 comment:

Mewer said...

Polina is so cute...what balance! and I say this because my balance is terrible