Monday, September 22, 2008

The bittersweet irony


Love is so funny..... It is impossible to recognize, impossible to fight, impossible to guard..... simply impossible. Yet, it is the symbol of possibilities. The irony kills me.
"When I look into your eyes, I see everything. I can see myself so easily falling in love with you. And I know it is too soon, and I know it is happening too fast. You are keeping me at arms length and I can barely touch you, let alone your heart. And when I look into your eyes and see forever standing before me, yet I can't figure out how to reach it. You have no idea how much it hurts."
A friend of mine lost his beloved wife today. They went through a lot to be together but it barely lasted a year. I really didn't know how to console him because I have never felt the pain he has to endure. All of a sudden, I feel very blessed and lucky to be ignorant to that kind of pain.

You could see the tears swimming in his eyes, waiting to burst through with the pain. It was heavy and bitter, and as he broke down in front of me, I couldn't help but cry with him. I knew one of us had to be strong, but at that moment, all of us were weak in every possible way. It was worse than dying; as if life has lost all meaning, as if crying was the only possible reaction.


At least once, he had real happiness, the perfect kind. The kind you had to earn and fight for. And now all he can do is hold on to the sweet memories in all the bitterness he is drowning in and hope one day he can learn to move on.

Love is ironic, isn't it? You want to live and die at the same time. Got to enjoy its humour. Sometimes it is so funny but you can't find yourself laughing.

2 comments:

Mewer said...

... ... ...who...is...it?

btw, the first paragraph and the quote...so cheesy I wanna puke from it...ESPECIALLY the quote...so cheesy and airy...sorry, I just don't like the idea of people falling in love so fast and thinking of forever before discovering the whole person...@_@

Poeticcrap said...

Love is cheesy.