Thursday, September 11, 2008

Quietly


Walk with me, will you? A casual stroll on the soft sands as you bask in the sweet aroma of the ocean. The night never sleeps.

With the stars glistering in envy, I am drunk with bliss. Music flows in as if luring us to dance. A little bow and I take your hand. In that instant, fireworks of mind music grace me. My heart can hardly contain itself, yet there we are, dancing as if floating on air. The music seduces and takes over, leaving no room for anything else. There is no distance between us. You can feel my breath upon you as I can feel yours. And we dance. A little closer.

In the dim moonlight, I catch a glimpse of your beautiful face, return smile for smile and our lips find each other. My heart stops and when I breathe again, there is life for the first time.

We dance and dance till the music fades and even the waves fall silent. I quietly forget how I don’t dance. I quietly move till the night turns cold. I quietly fall asleep in your warmth. In your arms. In your love.

No comments: