Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Dancing Rain


Raindrops dance on the window and find each other as they drop. Its rhythm, a hypnotic pace, lulls me to sleep.

It brings me to a land filled with rosary scent, teasing wind and a half-asleep sun. There is the naughty rain, slow and in small numbers. And the wind carries me as it sings kisses. This must be a dream. Yet it feels a little too real.

My senses runs wild as if on fire and pace picks up. A walk turns into a jog and a jog turns into a run. Suddenly, I am sprinting. My heart pounds hard. So hard that my mind is dizzy and all the colors around are blurring. All that remain is a glowing white that angels like. Perhaps I will see an angel.

It seems like I am flying now. I look down and I can see the clouds and glimpses of the land below. The world has never looked more beautiful. Just when I am getting comfortable with my light weight, gravity decides to interfere. Weight gaining as I plummet through the sky. Fear and panic quickly takes over. My mind goes blank and as I try to scream for help but the wind seals my lips. I start waving frantically, my hands scrambling to catch on to something, anything. My eyes are too scared to watch and as I crash through the layers and layers of cottony whites, the heavens begin to cry. The rain falls with me and urge me to join them in dance.

Suddenly, time slows down. I spin as if turning back time. New sensations gather around, comforting me and teasing me at the same time.

Eyes open. The rain is still dancing. I can see your reflection on the window. It brings a silly grin to my face. Somewhere, you are watching the rain too.

No comments: